THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, October 26, 2009

Self-Esteem Not Self-Discovery

I feel like the minute people enter college they go running off trying to reinvent themselves, discover who they are, rather than enhancing the person they already are.

I really can't say much about that group of people because a mere few months ago I was member of that group. I was trying to find myself, reinvent myself, when in reality no reinventing needed to be done. I just needed to be myself and the only way I could do that was to build up my self-esteem.
For a while, I thought my alter ego was the person I wanted to be, but I honestly don't. I figured if I made a name for myself among my peers, I'd be something, but I was wrong. My peers are going to name me what they want regardless of whether or not I want them to. I just need to build up my self-esteem and exude confidence to be who I am and not who I think I should be.

That's all I have to say on the topic really for the moment. Maybe there will be later posts on this, but right now. This is it.

0 comments: